Saturday 6 October 2012

Mail Art exhibition

I've uploaded more photos from the Apparatjik gig here and more adventures / exhibitions I saw whilst there, here.

Yesterday, a parcel arrived for the Mail Art exhibition that I've offered to curate for Marie Lousie Plum at the Empty Shop space. 

This touring exhibition features a piece of work I submitted, my own envelope that was posted to Oslo and returned at the time of the terrible events there in July 2011. As my twitter feed became worse with news updates from Norwegian news sources, I documented them on this envelope as illustrations, later adding 77 Nordic hearts to represent the victims.

This piece is included with work by a variety of artists and illustrators, and will be shown in the Empty Shop space in Sincil St, Lincoln - from Tuesday now - I don't think I'll get it all ready for Monday now by myself - I need some help.

I've offered to do a Pecha Kucha event on Thursday evening, to share my Apparatjik adventures at The Collection, Danesgate, with the poor, unsuspecting artist community of Lincoln! 

No comments: