Sunday 13 October 2019

The Wellcome Collection - Being Human & Misbehaving Bodies exhibs, London

Gormers - it's 10 years since I was a plinther!

I was awarded a bursary via Carers UK to attend the Carers UK AGM and Summit in Canary Wharf, London, which also coincided with #WorldMentalHealthDay



I took the opportunity whilst visiting, to go to the Wellcome Collection to see the exhibitions Being Human and Misbehaving Bodies.



This sound piece about the impact of austerity and welfare reforms that are affecting disabled people and their carers is accurate. 



This was my favourite piece, a jukebox with a glass sculpted turning component, which played 10 songs on the theme of infectious diseases.


The laser shines through the glass part to play the songs.
This one was Jimmy Somerville representing HIV.


Misbehaving Bodies is an exhibition by Jo Spence and Oreet Ashery.



I didn't have time to watch through all of the video pieces, even though they looked really interesting. 


The use of phototherapy here is something that I'm interested in for Arts in Health workshops.



No comments: