Wednesday 16 May 2018

This Woman's Work

All of my motivation was destroyed completely a few weeks ago, by a woman from Citizen's Advice telling me to "get another job".
I'm thinking of giving up my zero hours contract work, which was taken on to mitigate against the bedroom tax, to focus on my self-employment and my caring role, as it doesn't earn enough to cover any shortfall, or live without benefits support.
It takes time out of my practice as an artist, and I'm not better off because of it.
It IS my another job, which I thought would pay the bills, but apparently doesn't.

Luckily, Sandi Toksvig can explain to the DWP how caring is unpaid labour.

Imagine a world where artists give up their another jobs and actually get paid for being an artist.

Imagine.

This week it was also suggested that I pay £300 per month for some space (with what money, I have no idea) and work for free until I make enough for a better space.


No comments: