Thursday 27 February 2014

Work Makes Work


I had to take a break from the proposed Mail Art piece, so instead I contributed to Emily Speed's Work Makes Work blog here in the hope that some kind of opportunity might come of it. 
Nothing much is coming my way lately, and I'm not getting much work done in fact, too busy being given conflicting information and struggling to pay the bills.

I wasted a lot of time recently applying for a job as a gallery assistant at the National Centre for Craft & Design, which was not successful. It stated that "due to the high number of applications we cannot give individual feedback if unsuccessful", so I asked of course, because I'd really like to know why Im not considered for work with all my experience!! 
This week I feel trapped in a punitive situation, put in a box with no way of escaping, and things are only going to get worse. I can't see anyone helping me out of this trap. 
Artists vs DWP / Jobkillplus

I am currently struggling with some dire personal family issues that can only be resolved if I am paid for my work as an artist. And I don't have the time or the energy to waste applying for ACE funding, or any jobs or opps that involve lengthy form filling and box ticking. I'm tired of it.

I had hoped to go to the 3D printing workshop at the UoL today, but when I enquired, it was fully booked.

No comments: