Thursday 4 October 2012

Oslo trip 2012

Takk to Headhunters / Momentum / Norwegian Embassy for providing this all-expenses paid trip to Oslo, which I timed especially to go and see Apparatjik perform live at the åpning of Astrup Fearnley Museet, Oslo.


mine Apparatjik sko 
Savoy hotel lobby, Oslo
Nikola Tesla style lamp stand in Carl Ungers Loft, Oslo

Carl Ungers Loft @ Savoy hotel, Oslo
whatever you do, don't order the whale
Jeg elsker Norge

mine Apparatjik sko @ Moods Of Norway
 I found these shiny Apparatjik Combat Disco boots before I left, they appeared around Oslo in various locations before becoming part of Apparatjik's gig.


AFM - we're practically related


      



Apparatjik Cube, dormant, within the architecture of the AFM


complete with audience
mine Apparatjik sko

images projected onto the Cube by the Eye On Committee

Guy A





Lowell

Lowell "Shake Him Off"


Lowell

Shake Him Off


previously unknown track 
Apparatjik live performance

Apparatjik live performance

Martin A, Jonas A, Magne A, Guy A

Martin A

Magne A plays the keyboard with boxing gloves on

L-R Jonas Bjerre, Magne Furuholmen, Guy Berryman, Lowell

Jonas Bjerre, Magne Furuholmen, Guy Berryman, bald headed security man!


snøkrystaller

01100001 01101110 01101001 01101101 01100001 01110100 01101001 01101111 01101110 01110011







Dissassembling the Cube
This roadie van, as it turns out, was the same one that followed us past Stolper & Friends on Fredag natt. 



har det bra, Apparatjik Cube :-(

During this visit, I went to see some exhibitions in Oslo, I went to see "I Wish This Was A Song" at the Nasjonalmuseet, and contributed to the Apparatjik + Audiokolor installation for the compositional piece that they later performed with Sølvguttene / Oslo Boy's Choir. 
I was rather bemused that my own work was not included in this exhibition, but perhaps the Norwegian art scene need to familiarise with my work more. 
I left a card at the gallery. They tried to sell me a catalogue from the previous exhibition. That wasn't really why I was there!
Do all galleries try to sell to artists wanting to exhibit work? 

Obviously I went to look around the AFM on the day of it's åpning, although a fire alarm went off, and the AFM might have to replace that cup of Earl Grey I abandoned in a blatant act of guerilla tea party activism. 


No comments: